View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Dear Roz -

I can appreciate how frustrating the last few months and weeks have been for you. I didn't realize that you were on your own caring for your son during the week. Ugh. If there is any little thing I would suggest, it would be hiring one or more person(s) who would be responsible for packing and unpacking your household - putting things back up on the walls, etc, when you move back into Greater Paradise.

And following on Mark's comment, I am reminded of the words of Ram Das (fka Richard Alpert, PhD.), musing on the many changes life had brought him, from being the golden boy son of the president of the New Haven RR, a psychology researcher at Harvard before his runnings with Tim Leary got him canned, and then a really interesting Hindu teacher until in February 1997, he experienced a stroke which left him with expressive aphasia and partial paralysis. The funny thing is, the stroke just changed the nature of the explorations that he is making as he goes through life; using the after effects of the stroke - what life has dished out - to explore the spiritual dimensions of suffering and the nature of the aging process. In his words:
You take the curriculum.
Mike

Last edited by fmichael; 12-01-2006 at 04:59 PM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote