View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Numbness but no Pain, Feet,legs,Arm,hands

Hello, writing from near Inverness, UK...Second Post,...very new to the Board.
I would welcome some comment/suggestions/opinion/advice......your Contributions, that I've read, on PN and everything related, seem to have created an Oasis in a Neuro Desert......thank you so much........ I will try to be brief but clear..

I've copies of MrsD, Liza Jane and Wing 42..(your Supplement Lists) and I'm keen to try the CoQ10, Acetyl L-Carnitine (basically, the supps route) but I am staying aware of the advice that there is no "one-size-fits-all" answer....I would be grateful for comment from any/all who generously/helpfully shared their Lists....

I Take no Meds (gradually stopped Antidepressant Mirtazapine prescription from Doc, (given as a matter of course to Idiopathic Neuropathy Patients in UK), I am 60, 165lbs, 6'1", non-Diabetic, not taking Chemo, not in any Pain now (Cervical Pain for 1st 4-5 months, then stopped..........)..and I know that so many "NeuroTalk" Contributors are struggling with Pain along with the PN........
only Symptom I experience is the overall, very,very slowly progressing Numbness.........feel I've really got to do "something," take advice and act...before it worsens....

initially all left side.....but now...quite intensely.... in both Feet, both Legs, Left Arm,Hand/Fingers (revived Music Career now trashed, as a result), gradually, numbness has slowly appeared in Right Hand/Fingers since January2008..nothing like the numbness intensity of the left hand fingers, so far....

I have been diagnosed with "Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy", caused on 1st August 2007, by 30-40mins, bent down to my left side, doing physical, repetitive", "Tugging" and pulling work, to remove a 6ft by 15ft swathe of Stubborn, thick, Bush-like, weed-roots...a lot of repetitive effort on each, individual root clump.....
Caused upper-left, Cervical pain (neck) within weeks of the "causal activity", but now gone, no other pain.
Various Tests, Cervical MRI, X-ray etc. have not shown the site or a cause that could be Treated......hence the Idiopathic tag, of course...

Just not over-confident about how to proceed....

thank you for all the input I have read, so far....

Ray
armac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote