View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey there!

Yep. They are considered a very dangerous breed here as well......that's why I'm having such a problem trying to find her a good home. I don't want her to be put down simply b/c she is a pit bull, but it still makes me uneasy with my 4 other little tiny dogs here in the house......they have already tried to attack her several times, but she just ignores them for now.....I keep Lucky in my son's room - where she is happy, warm and dry and keep my dogs with me. Plus I keep her on a leash and collar 24/7 and keep a water bottle on hand in case she fixates on something.....

My little pom was attacked and nearly killed by 2 pits years ago - they tore every muscle in her tiny body, so she really hates Lucky, but I just don;t know what to do!

Lucky is so sweet to everyone here - she wants to play and kiss everyone, but I have to remember that she is a pit.........I grew up with Akitas (very aggressive with other dogs but loved my son), dobermans (also aggressive), and german shepards, but always was of the belief that pit bulls should all be put down, since they are trained to fight and kill much bigger animals, but Lucky hasn;t been trained to fight - no scars @ all - so all is well for now.

I did buy a choke collar and kennel yesterday and am contacting a trainer (just in case).........but my vet did say that it is all how the dog is raised.......

I need to find this dog a good home and get Devon a lab or something.......I feel guilty but I just don;t know how safe I can ever really feel with a potentially dangerous animal in my home - you know?

How are you? Are you feeling better? I told you my neuro bumped me back up to 60 mgs a day, right? Good lord I'm going to be manic really soon! I'm already wake up shaking like a leaf....hate that feeling!!!!

He can't figure out how I can go from feeling so awesome to feeling so crappy so quickly, but I guess it's the nature of MG........The plasma exchange was great, but I hve no immune system right now, so I am a little leery about going out now......a few of my docs recommended that I wear a mask when I go out, but I'd rather just stay home for now..........

I'm gonna check out your pics now!!!!!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
I've met a few pit bulls and crosses in my time, mainly when I worked at the vets. Over here they are considered a "dangerous breed" and must have muzzles and its illegal to breed them, this is in certain states.

I remember one was just like lucky all kissy and cute and she was soooo well behaved, one other just plain scared me, it was nasty vicious and not pleasant to be around. I gguess it has a lot to do with how they are bought up. Over here they are crossed to make "pig dogs" dogs usedd to go out and hunt wild pigs, ahhhh mmmm, no wonder they get bad reputations!! Hope all keeps going well with her( i've added a few more picks)
redtail