View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SSD Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by llrn7470 View Post
Thought some of my fellow RSDrs would know the answer to this question. I am filling out the online SSD form and I have absolutely no idea what amount of money I am going to get from my employer. How do you answer this question? It took me forever to figure out how much I've already received! Also, I have disability through work and also AFLAC-do I have to report what I received through private AFLAC insurance and something I got from my employer? From what I've read on this page, calling the actual SSD people will not get the answer. Also, anyone that cam explain the difference between SSI and SSD or are they the same?
Thanks!
Lori Lee
Hi Lori,

I have also filed for Permanent Disability. SSi is for the extremely poor and SSA is what you will go for. First you have to me complete with you short term disability benefits before you can file a claim for permanent benefits. The wait after you file the first time for permanent disability is 180 day. Once you get a determination then you can begin the fight. I am at about 170 day so I am waiting patiently. My PM Doctor did have to get involved because all of the medical had to come from him. It's important to have a doctor that you are working with be on the same page as yourself.

From what I hear if you do get denied a attorney is necessary to continue. The attorney by law as to do it on on win only basis so if you don't win he gets nothing. Also, as part of the program you are intitled to back pay, let me explain, from the time you temp. disability ran out and the time you file for permanent you are entitled for pack pay for the months you collected nothing for me it's almost 5 1/2 years which amounts to a lot of money.

Well that's all for now. If you have any more questions please ask.

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
llrn7470 (01-15-2009)