View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MominPainRSD View Post
Hi all! My pain doc has recommended a spinal cord stimulator for me. My RSD has already spread to my right foot (in just 6 weeks since symptoms began). I have been undergoing nerve blocks which seem to have helped somewhat with the persistent swelling of my left ankle. The only symptoms I'm having in my right foot so far are the color changes (red/blue).

My question is this.....are the SCS for prevention of spread or just for the pain??? My pain is tolerable. When I'm not having the blocks, I usually can survive on 3 Advil to take care of it (I can't take Advil for 24 hours before or after the injections.....so I have to take Vicodin then). Occasionally, I need a Vicodin in the evening when my symptoms get worse anyway. The Advil doesn't completely get rid of the pain, but I can deal with it.

I have read up on the SCS on this forum and don't hear great results or outcomes of them. If anyone has any info on the USE of them, please let me know. I certainly do not want to go through that for pain I'm able to tolerate at this point.....it may get worse down the road when it will become necessary. I'll consider it then.

Also, I experience deep bone aches in my shins and knees and sometimes my left hip. It feels a bit like something is chewing away at the bones. Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks in advance for your replies. I have a nerve block this morning and may not feel well enough to check back until later. Plus, I've been up since 1am so am exhausted (something is making me not be able to sleep). These nerve blocks kick my butt.....am allergic to something in them......have a bunch of Benadryl put in my IV which makes me feel even worse (but makes the rash not itch so badly).

I wish everyone a pain managed day!!
I have been under trestment for 8 months. I have had 5 blocks and they have discussed SCS. After hearing I need a trial for 3 days , then if sucessful the implant surgery . That needs a surgery every 3 years for battery change out, and then 7 year swap. I am really confused, but the med'smake me sick and the blocks only work for about 5 days.????
Kytyki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MominPainRSD (01-15-2009)