Thread: Lido Drip
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Drip, drip, drip....

Hi Gang,
Went for a follow up appointment with my pain doc this morning. She decided to do another drip so she set one up right then and there. LUCKILY, the problem I was worried about about getting from hospital to home with the drip worked out.

There is actually a clip on the line between the bottle full of the infusion and the point where it enters my arm. All I had to do was set the clip to keep the infision from running till I got home. It worked just fine, so this means I can go in, get the infusion set up and then drive home with it clipped. YAY! I knew somehow it would work out.

So, it's running now. She said if I get dizzy, just to clip it for 10-15 minutes and let it subside and then get it running again. So far, I have to say this is by far a better option than getting a shot in the head evert week. Less painful! THe only thing I have to be careful of is that the balloon that holds the infusion is latex and I can be sensitive. So far it's okay and I don't have the breathing (anaphalactic) reaction to latex, thanks goodness!

If anyone is exploring Lido drips, I can tell you it's relatively harmless compaired to some of the other things I have been through. I can't say it's worked wonders yet, but my doc wanted to see if doing it a few times would have an impact. I am willing to try that theory out.
prairiegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-15-2009)