View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyrica and low pressure

Hi mominpainRSD,

My daughter was started on Lyrica and she has low blood pressure to begin with. She had a bout with RSD in her foot and ankle. The pain doctor at the hospital put her on Lyrica 75mg twice a day. Her blood pressure dropped to 47/38 the first night. She continued to take the Lyrica and eventually it went up. I found a website that says that some of the rare side effects can be low blood pressure, you should call your doc right away. Is
95/60 considered low blood pressure? Because her normal blood pressure on blood pressure meds is around that. Anyway, When we went for a follow up appointment with a new pain doc, she took her off of the Lyrica, due to her having low blood pressure as an illness, she said it lowers blood pressure. But you have to be weined off of Lyrica, you can not stop cold turkey, so CALL your doctor before you make any decisions or go to the ER. Good luck and I hope your pain relieves soon.
Sandy

[QUOTE=MominPainRSD;446991]Hello all! I have a rather urgent question to ask of you all. Has anyone else had problems with low blood pressure while on Lyrica??? They put me on it a week ago. I ONLY take it once a day so far.....trying to adjust slowly. I was taking it at night, but was having trouble sleeping, I thought Lyrica could be the culprit, so decided to take it with my mid-afternoon meds instead.

Anyway, when I get up to walk, I almost pass out.....feel like I can't breathe well. Also, I can't hear for a few minutes (my hearing fades out quickly and then slowly returns to normal). I didn't notice some of these side effects before because, well, I took it at bedtime.....I didn't want to hear anything OR walk.

I've read the patient insert and don't remember reading anything about this. My doc is gone for the day. My hubby just had to help me get up the stairs into bed. My blood pressure is 95/60, pulse 63 (we have a BP machine here). I've had low blood pressure before but NEVER with the loss of hearing.

Other than calling the doc tomorrow and stop taking the med....does anyone have any suggestions or input??? Could this just be the RSD??? It is all so new to me. Thanks in advance for your a
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote