View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The crew did an extraordinary job of ditching that airplane. They did everything exactly right, no room for error in a water landing. Nose up, glide it in and put it on the water just right so the plane will float. Perfect! That way the fuselage won't be breached and the plane will float for quite a while in order to get all the passengers off safely!

What a job! Those guys should be commended for a job well done. I was on the phone with my sister in Tulsa (at the 9-1-1 Center) when it was happening and then caught the news later. She said that the pilot made two trips through the entire plane to make sure all the passengers were off before he left the plane.

I was so happy to hear that everyone got off safely and there were no life threatening injuries! Thank you God for saving all those people. And thank you to that crew for paying attention to all their training and for being so professional and thanks to all the passengers for not panicking during the evacuation process. It all worked out.

What a day...

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-16-2009), Koala77 (01-15-2009), Lady (01-16-2009), oldsteve (01-16-2009), SallyC (01-16-2009), weegot5kiz (01-16-2009)