View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Doodle bug7,
I read your response and was curious if what I have is Anesthesia Delorosa as well. I had the MVD procedure done in 2004 to remove a tumor from the trigeminal nerve area and ever since then I have been numb from my forehead to my chin. Is this similiar to what you are going through? Is there any medication that you use or have used that have helped out. The numbness is always there and I have the tightness/pulling sensations as well as the shocks around my lip/nose area. Is there anything I could do to help out with this?
Thanks,
-cltmet70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle bug7 View Post
When they severed my trigeminal nerve five years ago at Mayo clinic, I immediately became numb on that side of my face. Although numb, it became a burning sensation. Then came the ping on my lip because part of my lip is also numb. The squigley sensation started, the tightening started and more and more pain. It has been five years and it is still going strong. Oh yeah, it has a name "Anesthesia Delorosa".
I hope you do better than me. Are you having any numbness? Do you hurt or just have freaky sensations? Doodle bug7
cltmet70 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote