Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I have started several posts here, then deleted them because nothing makes sense. I have read articles about PN and was told I had Trigeminal Neuralgia by my Neurologist. He gave me some meds for it and that relieved the pain. It has not come back in the last few weeks.

Today, both knees became too painful to stand on. My left foot, across the top hurt too much to put weight on (all of these have happened at different times and usually only last about a half hour -- so far).

My index finger on my right hand has hurt, off and on, for about a month. I can't use a knife or fork to cut food when it is like that. I can't write with a pencil, it hurts too much.

My left hand has hurt for about two months. My little finger on my left hand hurts like it is broken. And I have broke it a few times in the martial arts. Then it is normal again.

My left "shin" bone -- I touched it today and it hurt too much to touch again.

My left foot, across the top, hurt too much to put weight on. (Sound familiar to anyone?)

I was laying on my back, with my left elbow on the bed, my left forearm pointing straight up. The bone started hurting. It hurt too much to lay down on the bed.

My neck muscles hurt for awhile tonight. The only muscle problem that I can remember.

Both of my feet have hurt too bad to put weight on them at times. No consistency, except for my left hand.

I started my detox off opiates last summer and have not had any since approx. August 4, 2008. I think being on opiates the last few years masked this problem. It seems odd that my nerve problems came on as I started the detox. My RLS is under control with Mirapex.

I know I am forgetting several other odd places I have been hit with pain. For what it is worth, I did the test where we stand up for a minute or so, with our eyes closed. I had zero problems with it. Blomberg or thromberg, sorry, can't remember it right now.

I am seeing one of our best Rhumatologists in twelve days. I am not sure what to tell him, other than what I have said here.

Does this sound like PN?
Old injuries tend to hurt now and then as we age.

I have spots that are decades old, that can flare with the weather, or an illness.
If you did martial arts? Well, that is alot of stress on the body!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote