View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The media is now calling it "Miracle on the Hudson" which I believe it was. The Pilot was a former fighter pilot with (I think) 29 years of experience flying for US Airways. I am still amazed by all of it.

On a lighter note, Jay Leno's monologue was hystericle. He said three whoppers about it, since all were safe he felt it was ok to joke, I am sure he would not have joked if a single person had died.

"All people are safe and off the plane, after they paid their $25.00 for their life vests"

"Call or login to US Airways if you are interested in a flight....or a cruise"

and the best one....

" They were going to start to figure the salvage operation to get the plane out of the river, then realized it was the hudson and it would be disolved in about 4 days". lol

Geese hitting both engines, million to one shot, landing on a river surrounded by crowded city, million to one shot, narrowing missing the George Washington Bridge, Million to one shot, not dipping a wing on landing and bringing it in straight and level, PERFECT, if he had dipped a wing and caught the water the plane would have cartwheeled, broke apart and exploded. It is simply amazing. I think he should be invited to the White House, given free taxes for life, and LOT of money. He is a true Hero in all sense of the word.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-16-2009), Koala77 (01-16-2009), SallyC (01-16-2009)