Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Irishred! Thanks for your input.

My son-in-law asked me just a couple of nights ago...why don't you take one of those meds they advertise for fibro? Well, I then went down through my lists of why-nots. Weight gain, hair loss, depression, sleep disturbance, blah blah!

I was on paxil for many many years and going off it was a nightmare. I ended up in the emergency room in a total state of...well I don't know what, I felt I was losing my mind and dying all at the same time and couldn't stop crying. My point with the Paxil is that I gained SO much weight during the years on it. Since going off I've lost 30 lbs.

I told son-in-law I don't even want to take weight gaining meds again. And I certainly don't want my hair to fall out. And I don't want to go through with such constant suicidal thoughts again such as I did on Cymbalta

And yes, well...the pain, stiffness, ache. Being touched hurts. I survive with Trazadone for sleep, some hydrocodone and ibuprofen. But, it seems there isn't 1 waking hour without pain and stiffness.

My massage therapist is certainly amazing and is very knowledgable with fibro, but when you can only afford to go 1x a month, that isn't enough.

And this brutal weather hasn't helped one bit!

I'm so glad you have found some help!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
warbelsnap (01-19-2009)