View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Old Testament, or New?

I was talking with someone the other day about the Bible, and the different parts of it, and somewhere in the conversation I found myself saying that I was more of a "New Testament kind of person." Then I started thinking about that, and what it really meant. I think the whole Bible is important, but I do see the old and new Testaments as being two parts of a whole. In the Old Testament I see lessons, learning and wisdom, as well as the Law. In the New Testament I see love, salvation and life. I know that the new doesn't invalidate the old, but I am truly drawn to it more strongly. I can read the Old Testament thoughtfully, but when I read the New Testament, I always find myself with tears in my eyes. (A real tough thing for a guy to say. ) What do the rest of you think? Is there a difference? Do you feel a difference when reading them? I don't mean the obvious differences, which stand out to any good Christian. But the message and the promise each contains. I would love to know your thoughts on this.
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (01-23-2009), mistiis (01-24-2009)