View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymjunkie View Post
I would caution you to on finding one that is genuinely reputable. I avoid chiropractors because I have heard nothing but horror stories and I've never yet heard of anyone being "cured" of their particular ailment in less than 3 months! In fact, I can't think of anyone I know who has gone to one and had any improvements...

I am not sure what relief you would get for CRPS from a chiropractor. I can see that if you have secondary problems, say, from sitting a lot that it could help but otherwise I have not seen any medical or anecdotal evidence yet that chiropractic manipulation techniques were of any value in treating or relieving CRPS. I am sure that we will all be very interested to hear how it goes if you do try it.
I did try a chiropractor very early in my RSD journey...approx 3 months after falling. I have to say that compared to any of the 3 pt's that worked on me that I felt the chiropractor was better. At least he wasn't afraid to actually touch my foot. I do feel I gained some ground from the initial injury of torn ligaments and tendons. He did not, however, know why my foot was cold and blue so obviously he didn't know about RSD. In doing research on some of the RSD websites, chiropractors are listed as doctors who treat RSD so I thought I would give it a try. After all, everything else has failed. It appears, however there are very few in my state that have this knowledge. Thanks for your input...Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote