View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks mrs.D. I just don't know what to think. I did take Septra and then Cipro for a stubborn bladder infection, but that was about a year before the neuropathy hit. I was just looking at all the drugs that I take and became suspicious about the Hydralazine. If by chance something like this is drug related, is there any chance it may reverse itself somewhat?

It may not even be drug related, but I am desperate and am thinking of anything that may have caused this. It's spreading and hurting more then ever and I am very scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
causes a pseudo-lupus in some people.

I took it during my pregnancy--since it was on a "safe" list for the fetus. (for high blood pressure). I don't think it is used anymore, for the reason.

After I delievered, both of my knees became inflamed and swelled up and I could barely walk for 6mos or so.
The doctor said it was from the hydralazine.
I discontinued it after delivery.

Hydralazine is in the new Bidil... which targets African American patients. So it remains a problem for some. We used alot of it in the long term care facility, but in the general population it is less common. African American patients are given this more often than the other races.
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote