View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM View Post
Hello Seiko! Sorry to hear about your Mom's memory issues. We are going through a simliar situation w/my MIL right now. Her short term memory is gone, she can recall certain things from her past, but is now losing that, although she still knows us. I have noticed that she seems more childlike now, too.

It's a very very hard thing to watch a loved one lose what we all hold so dear~ our memories. My MIL is on Aricept, but she didn't start taking it until she was in a more moderate stage of Alzheimer's. She also didn't think she had memory problems, so I talked to her Dr the day before she had an appt, addressed her memory issues w/him and he put her on meds. I fear it wasn't in time to help much, but at least I tried.

I'd suggest talking to her Dr; my MIL still doesn't understand that she has AD, so to her it was just another pill to take. Good luck and I truly hope you can get some help for your Mother. It is just really hard, I know!

Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you.
She is in charge of her own med, so I am not sure how to add an extra one without her knowledge.
She has a hard time remembering which ones are the vitamins, and which ones are the prescribed.
seiko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (03-25-2009)