View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and suggestions. I will try some of them including an electronic datebook. The device will only be good if I remember to put the information into it! As it is, I missed another appointment this morning, which had the office staff a bit more confused than I was! That happened even after writing down the appointment!

Right now I e-pay my bills so they're all set. The only thing I have to watch is that I don't spend too much cash. For that I've removed my bank-card from my wallet and only carry enough cash for lunch out once a week and gas for my car.

At work I take my time. My job isn't that stressful even though there can be days when it gets busy. Other than those odd days here and there, which for me are a good thing because it makes the days fly by, I'm pretty quiet and allowed to do what I need to get done as long as it gets done. What's been getting me is jumping from one subject to another, which confuses me lately.

I've been handling these two positions for the past 5 years without problems, and now with the economy the way it is, the order side is less than busy if there are any orders at all. If I attend a meeting and there are more than three bulleted items, I can't seem to remember the first one, which usually pertains to me. I've noticed this odd problem when retrieving voice messages or understanding a phone call. At first I thought I was having a hard time understanding the voicemail, but that isn't the case. I'll forget half of the message as I listen to it, or get it so scrambled in my head that it doesn't make sense at all.

Stitcher,
I haven't gotten too lost yet, or at least I've been able to recover my mistake. I've always had a good sense of direction so maybe this helps at least right now. The losing of words happens to me more often than not and that really bugs me because I've always had excellent verbal and writtne communication skills.

Totade,

Thank you for the post about the online memory test. I took it and my results are:

"You scored "Low Average" or "Low" or "Very Low" on one of the tests. This indicates that you may have a cognitive problem. You can take the test again if you like. If you continue to score poorly or are concerned about cognitive symptoms, you should consult with your physician. ...."
Note that this test is only a screen, and the results do not necessarily mean that you do or do not have a cognitive or a neurological problem.

I know there is the disclaimer in there, but this reflects pretty much how things are for me right now. Remembering things from a previous time and being able to react to changes are the two areas that give me the most trouble, and are the two areas where I need to remain alert at all times.

My technical job requires absolute consise troubeshooting skills, logic, and critical thinking. My not-so-technical order administrative job requires performing tasks in a set procedure. If I screw up the first job, I can ruin the network settings and the servers. If I screw up the second, I cause company embaressment and make myself look like a total twit because I have to send out appologetic emails to the customers.

To be honest, I really thought this was related to sleep issues, which I've had before off and on. But the thing is, I've been sleeping pretty well the past few months. I go to bed early, I make sure I empty my bladder before I go to bed so that doesn't wake me up, and I've stopped eating ice cream at night, which was affecting my medication (absorption and protein). Once in awhile my cat wakes me up because she wants to snuggle under the blanket, which seems to be way more often that not because it's so cold at night. The fact that she's sleeping with me again proves that I am sleeping at night because for almost 9 months she wouldn't even set foot in my room at night.

Rich,

The storm chasing isn't that stressful. It's actually quite an exciting and beautifully enlightening experience. The sky is dark against the gold and green field below and the swirling and boiling clouds above make this a very humbling and awe inspiring experience. I've always been interesting in weather and other natural phenomenon so this is another aspect of the same subject. I've always wanted to see a volcano too, which I did on my first trip. It was a dormant cone in New Mexico, Mount Capulan to be exact, but it was my first volcano visit.

Anyhow, keep posting the suggestions. I'm open to any one of them at the moment. This is quite a bummer because my mobility is the best it's been in years and I am actually feeling pretty good physically.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote