View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Mine started 3.5 years ago. One of my neurologists thinks it is some viral infection or as he DX it as sensory GBS. The pains and the flares are real.
I found that relax, eating well, walking - help me alot, beside pilates that keeps my muscles streach.
We are in the same boat - more or less.
By the way - what age you are? female? male? I think in a way that hormones imbalance can "help" to the neuropathy onset.
Keep smiling...
Hi, how does your neuro explain the persisting flares if it really was a version of GBS? Wouldn't the symptoms slowly and consistently diminish over time in that case?
Relaxing, eating well help me a lot too. Any kind of stress induces a flareup for me. I am male and 29 years old by the way.

As far as skin punch biopsy I don't know what good that would do since the treatment would still not change unless they find a cause, which they haven't so far. I suppose at least I would know what is being damaged, but I still wouldn't know if it's autoimmune, viral, metabolic etc.

I have been reading Norman Latov's Neuropathy book and in it he mentions that sometimes small fiber symptoms precede the involvement of large fibers and hence motor symptoms. I hope this is not the case with me, but the fact that I have twitching tells me that the motor fibers must be at least partially affected.
Did anyone here experience motor symptoms after years of purely sensory ones?
chamade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote