View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Could I ask a question about TOS?

Hi, Thank you for being here!
A year ago last November I took my mom to Hudson FL to the Bonatti spine institute. She was going paralyzed. We then found out it was ALS. I did a lot of heavy lifting. Suitcases, transferring Mom, pushing wheelchairs etc. It was very stressful. We pretty much confirmed Mom was terminal. I started getting numb fingers and hands bi-laterally. I became paranoid that I was getting ALS. (Mom passed away Sept 08). I went to the Dr. she sent me to the Neurologist (Feb 08). I took my husband (mistake) the did EMG's I was in great shape. ("ready for the Olympics!")
My husband said to Neuro, She is under a lot of stress with her mom's care and dieing.

Soooo... My dr. moved and I went back to an old Dr. I had.
I said remember how I use to complain about my two fingers on both hands going numb? now it is from the elbow down. I went to the Chiropractic and he said "one look at your posture and I think you have TOS" (what the heck was that?)

My Dr. said you has EGM's they are normal so its not TOS. He read my report and said it is stress. Put me on amytriphelyn to try. Sent me for an x-ray report said I had lots of space between my ribs.

So here I sit wonder what the heck to do. I miss my mom she was a RN and always had good advice.

If you not completely tired of my story yet, Thanks for listening. I am going to add a few things.

Years ago I would complain that my neck muscles would feel swollen, I would get nasty headaches ant the base of my neck and a pin in my shoulder blade like a knife stuck in it. (Yes I thought it was heart) I was then sent to same neuro who said, could be fibromyalgia. end of that i was labeled.

8 years ago I had (3) 8 pound triplet girls, two years later a boy. So carrying lots of stuff is a fact of life from babies to groceries to every thing. Anything over my head ie.windows kills me.

I am working with my dentist for TMJ he says my jaw can spasms my bracials and cause numbness and tingling. My hands drive me nuts at bedtime, they are swollen when I wake up. I don't buy the stress stuff. I had a fabulous Christmas and had a great time and did not let the fact my hands are getting worse bother me.

I am asking your opinion on your thoughts. Could it be TOS? If so what should I ask my Dr. to do? What should I do?

Thank you so much for your time.
northerngirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-16-2009), gibbrn (01-17-2009)