View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
You told my story, word for word, Kelly.

During an exacerbation, many years ago, I had a temporary hearing loss. I just thought my ears were stopped up, but when the Doc looked, there was no build up of wax at all. It was MS nerve damage going on.

I got most of my hearing back, but there was deffinately a small permanent loss, in my left ear especially.

I knew it, we are evil twins..
Me too, Sally & Lady! The only way I found that out was after a dose of IVSM. I do transcription work and had the volume way up. After the 2nd IVSM dose, I went to type and I thought dang this is loud! Turns out it was part of that exacerbation.

I have gained most my hearing back in my left ear but every now and then it will act up.

(((Kelly))) Try to get it checked out so that they can give you something to help you out and possibly prevent permanent damage. I know that you have vertigo as well and this could all be part of the vestibular nerve. Valium helps with this as it is one of the only drugs that works directly on that nerve. (Learned that with DD17 and her vertigo) Plus, Valium also helps muscle spasms so it would have a double benefit for you.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (01-26-2009), Kitty (01-16-2009), Lady (01-27-2009), SallyC (01-16-2009), weegot5kiz (01-16-2009)