View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for the replies and info --

Old age? Sure. I am 63. I have had a active life and two severe car wrecks. So some pain is expected. I wonder if my PN doesn't come from the severe injury to my lower back?

I think I am puzzled and don't know what to do to alleviate the pain. I have made up a list of things to investigate to see if I can help myself through diet change, vitamins, low level exercise and so on.

1. Find out which foods might aggravate nerves and which might help my CNS/PN systems.
2. Find out which vitamins/minerals can help my nerves.
3. Figure out which exercises might help. Physical Therapist for that I guess. But I need
to see the appropriate doctors to determine what is causing these problems. Followed
bysome medical tests I guess.

Some of what is happening is just plain odd. How about both knees giving out at the same time last night? Today they are fine. Or at least they seem to be.

I understand all of us are different and as such, we can't predict or explain the other person's problems, but I was hoping some of my symptoms might jog someones memory.

MrsD was kind enough to help me with my vitamins, etc. awhile back and I am so grateful. I take them daily.

I have thought about setting up a spreadsheet, listing the date and time each problem came up. List what I was doing, what I had consumed that day and so on. But that might be almost impossible. Have any of you done anything like that? I am looking for consistency, something I can point to and be able to understand eating a certain food triggers a certain reaction.

I have read there are over 100 kinds of PN, so we will just have to take it one day at a time until we figure it out. Thanks again....