View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth37 View Post
[I hope someone out there can help me with this one. Due to really bad low back problems, I cannot lay flat for the much needed sympathetic nerve block for my left foot.Even if I could " tough it out" for one, they say there are many more to follow.... Pleeeease, anyone ,is there any help for me? You all are so dear to each other....If you know of anything .... please write, I would so appreciate it:
Poor thing. I totally understand, as I have back problems as well. I agree, ask for a pillow to put under your abdomen to support your back. I would definitely TELL them how much pain you're in, because tensing those muscles (to guard from the pain) long enough for the injection is only going to make your injection site that much more sore.....as WELL as your back. Perhaps see if you can bring a more firm pillow from home???

I wish I could suggest more, but I think they HAVE to lay you on your tummy for the injections. Do they sedate you through your IV during the injections?? If not, I would ask for it. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!!! Hope to hear from you soon!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote