View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--of a neuropathy that results from prolonged physical labor is that the nerve compromise stems not from distal peripheral nerves, but from a spinal cord or nerve root mechanical compression. The latter is still considered a peripheral neuropathy, and is termed a radiculopathy--and is certainly a possibility.

Have your had imaging of your ENTIRE spine done, to look for compression? And exactly where are your symptoms now?
Thanks so much for your helpful reply....

Apart from a couple of Initial X-Rays and a Scan of my Frontal Brain....
The only "SPINE RELATED IMAGING" that I have had, has been one MRI SCAN of the CERVICAL (NECK) AREA.....

Presumably this was the only area focused on, because initially, though not immediately, I had begun to experience Pain, during night hours, in the upper left-central NECK..........(this stopped within a few months)...

WHERE ARE MY SYMPTOMS NOW?...The Main SYMPTOMS seem still to be NO PAIN ANYWHERE... but "WIDESPREAD, HEAVY NUMBNESS"..., BOTH FEET,BOTH LEGS,LEFT ARM,HAND/FINGERS, SOME LEFT-BODY, (RIGHT HAND NOT AS INTENSELY NUMB AS LEFT) RIGHT ARM MOSTLY NOT VERY NUMB YET......ALSO FEEL AS IF MENTALLY/PHYSICALLY "DRUNK" WHEN ON FOOT..DIFFICULTY IN WALKING (USE A STICK) TIRE VERY QUICKLY......

I was simply told, with a kind of irritated attitude, that Nothing was found from any imaging work, or any other tests (blood) that would show a "Cause" of the problem....

WOULD "IMAGING OF THE ENTIRE SPINE" BE A HUGELY EXPENSIVE EXERCISE, WHEN DONE AT A PRIVATE FACILITY?

.....THE "GENERAL PRACTICE" DOCTOR I'M SIGNED WITH CURRENTLY, DISCOURAGED ME FROM HAVING MORE SCAN IMAGING!? WHEN I SUGGESTED HIM REFERRING ME (necessary procedure) TO THE "COBALT APPEAL" FACILITY,I DISCOVERED ONLINE, BASED IN Cheltenham,England (Staffed by NHS Professionals with prices I could afford), IMPLYING, THOUGH NOT CLEARLY EXPLAINING, THAT IT WOULDN'T BE WORTHWHILE, WOULD'NT HELP WITH WHAT I WAS DEALING WITH!? ....

IT'S LIKE.."IT'S IDIOPATHIC, OUR HOSPITAL FACILITY TESTING CAN'T SHOW THE CAUSE..THEREFORE WE CAN'T/(ARE NOT GOING TO).. DO ANYTHING FURTHER"......OR HELP YOU MOVE ON FURTHER!!?......that's how it comes across to me!!
SO DEPRESSING........but it sems that this is what PN patients are still having to deal with...all the time....and we've just got to keep on pushing past it and sharing, in order to overcome it...

I apologise if this has all been too much info.....I feel that I'm close to a way forward and still learning how to edit.....
thanks again for your valuable help.....

Ray
armac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote