View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update LOL

Heya all

Thought I'd start with a wheelchair update.

My carer dropped it on the floor and it started working again!!!!

Anyway - took it home, managed fine! no issues until we went in to wheelchair clinic... when it stopped working again!lol.. so the mechanic put his finger on the control box and electrocuted both of us (as in huge BANG, smoke and standing up hair.... pulled his finger back, looked at it, and did it again!)... and seeing as in 3 months I have managed to snap the headrest, mounting system, control box, control leads, actual controls, foot plates, need a new cushion and new wheels (it was BRAND NEW before I got it!) So it was CONFISCATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!as it was unsafe

so now in stupid manual chair - and althought they have put my new BRILL headrest it's not nearlly as comfortable or independent! (as it's a manual - yeuch).. waiting for electric to be put back together :P lol...

oh well - the boys are very sorry - they are total sweety pies.... I just can't believe they are now so cool with me being "different" they don't find it at all weird putting me to bed etc and Rodney took great care to make sure the covers lay flat and my head was at the correct angle on the pillow etc :P

So though it is really frustrating not having my power chair, it is also brilliant in I have seen how much the boys care about me....

(maybe you're right... pologamy is the right way - then I can marry them all!)

going to post the bad news in a seperate thing - keep this one amusing..Thanks for all the ideas

Rosie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx