View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel your pain... oh how familiar when I read what's going on with you and Jo.

Jo has good advice.

Have you had a doppler test, where they do a test on your pulse at the wrist, bleep-bleep, first with your arm down in a sitting position. then they raised my arm up and the bleep went away. it's an audible, bleep-bleep. Painless. A cardiothoracic surgeon's nurse done the test on me and then the doctor did the test in the presence of the nurse. This cardiothoracic surgeon also said, "You have bilateral TOS. I'll cut you but I won't testify for you." That was about 5 or 6 months after the accident.

There's lots of tests and things that can help you. You just have to be a good pilot. Be careful in your quest for help.

I was so pain wrecked (back and neck too) I was right over his head. He couldn't see beyond bilateral surgery $$$$$$$$ for him.

He wasn't including my scalenes. so he would have done more damage if I had agreed to surgery by him. Find a good doctor... they're out there too.

The medical journey with TOS and other injuries has been cold, heartless at times, and costly... all at my expense.

The more you learn the more able you are to discern. Get an anatomy book, online atlas of the body, library. try to understand your body's structure in relation to your pain. You're unique. It also helps you to describe it to your providers.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (01-17-2009)