View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzka View Post
Yes there are many causes of it and that apparently is one, that my neurologist pointed out but I have never been treated in this way for acne so that's definitely not why I have BIH.

I have searched and put it down to the weight, being a female in the correct age group, I guess being a rare disease some people are susceptible to it and when the weight is put on, then it just affects or shows BIH a hell of a lot more. We all know weight gain causes all kinds of problems in different people.

Kinda makes me wish I was still going to the gym instead of giving it up only 3 years ago...

But then hindsight is beautiful isn't it? lol.

I'm just glad I got the lesser of two evils - tumor or BIH.
hey everyone thanks for the comments and yes I do understand as I am around the same weight as you but I should be 54 which im obviously SO not but I am experiencing head ache like migraines visual disturbances and I had an MRI and CT Scan which were all clear so yes it is BIH so I am going to lose weight no matter what as I put it all on so fast as a year ago I was basically annorexic from not eating and working out 3 hours a day (I have a eating disorder kind of well did anyway) then when I started eating again I put on weight sooo much REAL fast so yes with weight loss and follow up lumbar puncters this will all go away but yes I know what you mean about the NZ Health System, I come from NZ and when I was 10 I had a blood clot in my brain which caused Intracranial Hypertension so I know alll about all of this stuff I have never just had IH with out any reason before so im scared this time lol but I believe the NZ System is better well where I lived anyone but PLEASE keep in contact that would be awesome and yes weight loss plus LP's now and then and making sure you stay on your meds and this will all go away but its important to keep active and still live your life so thats what Im doing right now and I know once I lose all this weight in a couple of weeks this will all be gone
Leemarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote