View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 07:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Billye-to set up your email

Can I access my email when I'm not at home?

A: Yes. to access your email when you're traveling or when you're not near your computer, you can use any computer with a web browser and a connection to the internet.

To check your email using a browser, follow these steps:

1 Open up a web browser and type in webmail.argontech.net in the address bar.

2. You'll receive a couple of security warnings. Answer 'yes' or 'ok' to both.

3. Once you get to the login screen, enter your email username and password.

Please note that your email username and password are not necessarily the same as your connection username and password.
The email username is always the first part of the email address you're trying to check.

For example:
If your email address is 'yourname@argontech.net' then your email username is 'yourname.'

4 Once you've entered both the email username and password, click on the 'log in' button.

You can now receive and send email and attachments.

Note: Through our Webmail interface, you cannot view email you have previously received through your email program. Only new emails will show in your Webmail Inbox.

Billye--if you have trouble after doing this, go to Tools on the top of your browser page, Internet Options, and look to see how you can lower the security settings. Make webmail.argontech.net a trusted site. Make sure you're allowing popups---that was a problem for me when I tried to use webmail on my computer.

If you still have problems, I'd suggest going to the computer forum on neurotalk and telling folk there; people answer quickly there and are way more knowledgeable than I am about how to lower your security settings on the laptop.

Love ya,
LJ

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote