Old 01-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
I know! This put fear into my heart all righty...
This is one way to bring it up with your doctor:

Copy/print off the Website information I gave you.

Then when you go to the doctor, say:
I have just found out that the family of drugs I have to use
will affect the QT segment and I would like an EKG to rule out that I have a genetic tendency to this.

This site has 3 reference to QT segment:
http://www.fda.gov/Cder/foi/label/20...bilify_lbl.pdf

Give your doctor the handouts. Believe it or not, some do NOT know this information or how the drugs work.
Also the sales reps for Abilify may NOT tell the doctors the whole story...like Merck instructed its reps concerning Vioxx. Doctors rely on the drug reps and when they conceal or lie... the patient suffers in the end.

This is why the FDA took Seldane, Hismanal and Propulsid off the market. Doctors were sent warning letters, and even after that continued to place patients in harms way.
Propulsid was a very valuable drug for GI motility issues, but HAD to be removed because it was used in patients with hypertension who were also on diuretics. Doctors ignored the warnings and now Propulsid is gone.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 01-17-2009 at 08:46 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (01-17-2009), Pamster (01-17-2009)