View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

One trick that has been like a miracle for me is this.

After the injection, doesnt matter if you use the auto inject, or manual, dont care what depth you chose. I take a cotton pad, or paper towel, or cotton ball, and put it DIRECTLY over the injected area. I use FIRM hard pressure to PUSH directly into the injected site. DONT RUB!!! Copaxone is a sharp crystal style med, and rubbing fractures the crystals. Just hold FIRM pressure for 15 to 30 seconds. This pushes the meds from the upper layers of fat, into the deeper layers of fat. I use my thumb, and its quite firm when I push it. The lumps are 75% less than they were. I was so anxious that I was having to start shooting between the lumps, and it was scary!

After 24 hours, you can HAND massage the site with lotions or oils. After 48 hours you can use a hand held vibrator, or machine massager or shower head on high massage directly on the spot. pound them into butter.

I learned this tip from a copaxone nurse. I was skeptical, and worried. I tried it, and WOO HOO! I am impressed. Esp on my muscular thighs. I used to smack muscle all the time and wasnt able to shoot deeply enough. by the way, using the side wall of your thigh works great too! you dont have to stick to the pretty picture they give you. I find the side wall of my thigh has TONS more fat than the top. My hip has MUCH more fat than my butt, and I have found being creative has helped me get new more comfortable real estate to poke.

I hope you are feeling better.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (01-19-2009), Desinie (01-17-2009), dmplaura (01-17-2009), ewizabeth (01-20-2009)