Thread: Phlegm...yuck!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 11:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
It was pneumonia that 'gave' me my severe PN! I had it for over two months!
The phlegm thing? Yeah, understand, you cough or blow yer nose and then check the color and quality of the stuff! If there were only some way we could make a commercial GLUE out of it we'd be rich! NO? Durn it? We all could USE to be RICH!
Watch the humidity level where you live and work, super dry makes more gunk. Steamy showers are good, but I often take a lite dish towel or wash cloth and keep it near my head when I sleep or at home, sort of a micro-environment? Seems to help and keep the pressures on the sinuses down.
I've not tried the Mucinex, tho maybe I should? But I've found that taking decongestants can help...OR can just make the gunk thicker. Pick your choice? Try things, whatever works is GOOD, discard the rest!
Just don't be more than three feet from a Kleenex box! Hopeing it clears up soon! 's and Lots of GOOD thoughts! - j
Wow, I was startled to read that you attribute your PN to pneumonia. In a way, so do I. When I was quite young I kept getting pneumonia and appendicitis attacks at the same time, so they couldn't operate because I couldn't breathe well enough to survive anesthetic.

Okay, but here's the thing, I eventually had so much penicillin that I became allergic to it and had to have sulfa drugs with it... which, decades later, made me alert to an article I read on how sulfa drugs change our gastrointestinal chemistry if not fauna and how after that you may not ever have enough hydrochloric acid production again.

I think that's what happened for me, and it didn't really matter a lot while I was young and there was no stress. But later, that's when it began to impact my life HUGELY.

So, do you think it could have been the medicine, rather than the disease, that caused your PN? I'm really interested in what you think.