View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can take my own pulse the old fashioned way, or have a friend. Locate the pulse at your wrist and feel it for a while, count beats by the clock if you want, then holding the pulse raise your arm up above shoulder level or as high as need be. if your pulse fads or immediately disappears, well...

(if you have trouble raising your arm(s), get someone to assist you or I would use the wall the push my elbow/arm/shoulder one way or another, for one reason or another.)

I've had my pulse tested several ways (treater preference-their own way), but it was always tested some way, with TOS in the picture, with each provider that has examined or PT'd me. been interesting to say the least. not even a standarized way to manually test a pulse on your wrist for TOS. It's as challenging to treat and diagnose as it is to live with, and keep your sanity about you. again, I say be careful.

Be wise in your choice if you're limited like Canada may be. Even here I've come to the fact that I'm a consumer of the medical industry. I've learned to be wise about where to put my medical $$$$. It's expensive to treat. if some gadget don't help you, return it for a refund. some things help. I've got hundreds of $$$$ for things I've bought to try and get relief at my disposal now.

Seems like I pleatu with most things and can come back later and get relief again. don't know if anyone else has found that to be the case.

You're at the right place for help. Keep asking.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote