View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is feeling good.
Erin: I thought it was funny that you said you find yourself always looking in a mirror now, when I'm the opposite. I've been avoiding mirrors for over a year now. I'm at 40mg every second day and still showing the heaviness in my face and belly (although not as much as when I was at 60mg daily).

I agree with the necessary evil comment too - I love how I feel on steroids, but hate how I look. I know appearance shouldn't matter - but at the end of the day that's the sad world we live in.

I too feel the heat! Before steriods I was ALWAYS cold - I was a running joke in my famiily because I would wear huge sweaters in summer. Now I'm constantly stripping off layers. And my big red tomato face shows the heat immediately. The other morning I walked to school (in -5 degree weather) and by the time I got there I had drips of sweat running down my back (yuck i know - sorry).

Anyhoo, hope everyone is smiling today!
~Kathy
PS I saw another of those MG posters today in Berwick-upon-Tweed a tiny seaside town in England (very near our house). I was SO excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
So I took my new pet to the vet today - she is a BIG girl - 53 lbs and emaciated, oh, and pregnant, and the vet who has known me my whole life, told me he was surprised @ how different I look!

I was always small before (5'5" and 110-125) so @ 140, people just flip when they see me! Still, I wouldn't comment on anyone's weight - no matter what!

I calmly told him about my MG and my steroids, he apologized and said he meant no disrespect, but I had always been too small before and now I look better - yeah......... right?!?

I do think he (the vet) suffers from a mild form of autism, cuz' he's always been a little off kilter, but it still bothered me.........do you think I'm being too sensitive? I never really cared about my appearance b/4, but now find myself looking in the mirror all the flippin time........stupid, huh?

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, gaining a bit of weight shouldn't be a big deal, it's just the way people respond to me now that bothers me.........

My new "little" girl will provide me with some excercise - she won't go inside - thank goodness and won't go on my back porch, so I'm going to be spending a lot more time outside, plus my sis is bringing over her treadmill for her, so she should be a lot more calm in the near future.........

Anyway - how do you guys handle it? Get a tougher skin? Insult someone? What do you think?

ERin
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birdman (04-21-2014)