View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ain't it a pain?

Yep, I've officially become "vain" I guess........terrible timing! It's just that my family/friends are so flippin shocked by my face size that it makes me really self conscious............I mean, in the grand scheme my face size really doesn't matter so long as I can eat, breathe, etc, and you would think that any reasonable person would just be happy being somewhat healthy - especially after everything I've been through since my diagnosis, but here I am anyway - crazy as hell!

I cannot take the heat at all! I swell up and start to sweat through anything/everything and the night sweats are starting to really tick me off.......again a small thing, but I'm building it up to some major ordeal.........

I see people @ the Cancer Care Centers all the time -really really sick people who are handling life with such grace and dignity, I mean, they are dying and are calm and sweet and I whine about this................hate it!

I think I'm gonna ask my doc to up my Paxil for a while............

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is feeling good.
Erin: I thought it was funny that you said you find yourself always looking in a mirror now, when I'm the opposite. I've been avoiding mirrors for over a year now. I'm at 40mg every second day and still showing the heaviness in my face and belly (although not as much as when I was at 60mg daily).

I agree with the necessary evil comment too - I love how I feel on steroids, but hate how I look. I know appearance shouldn't matter - but at the end of the day that's the sad world we live in.

I too feel the heat! Before steriods I was ALWAYS cold - I was a running joke in my famiily because I would wear huge sweaters in summer. Now I'm constantly stripping off layers. And my big red tomato face shows the heat immediately. The other morning I walked to school (in -5 degree weather) and by the time I got there I had drips of sweat running down my back (yuck i know - sorry).

Anyhoo, hope everyone is smiling today!
~Kathy
PS I saw another of those MG posters today in Berwick-upon-Tweed a tiny seaside town in England (very near our house). I was SO excited.