View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks guys, I have to say, that I kept my expectations pretty low prior to going there.

I do have to say, the people of Baltimore were wonderful to us.

Billye, on the Restasis, it isn't working for me either.

Plus, recently, I had some kind of treatment like iontopheresis for my rotator cuff tear and now I have what is likely an atopic dermatitis or psoriais. The OT says she thinks given my nail has these issues, that it is psoriatic. The patches look just like psoriasis and are not going away. It has been two weeks now with red, scaley patches from one application.

I agree that this doc felt he would be seeing people with Sjogren's who needed to be told they have neuropathy, not people who already know they have neuropathy due to Sjogren's with multiple complications.

I was hoping to have my pathology slide looked at and that was the worst disappointment, and the fact that they just let it sit there, and did not contact me for the initial report. Not to mention, I had it shoved back in my face when I said 'I think you need this'. I just had them send the slide home.

My physician is published on Sjogren's Neuropathy and is having a hard time with getting local Rheumatologists to admit it can result in Neuropathy.

I do believe IVIG has helped, but proving it is another matter. I don't know how long I will have it.

Bummer that the Restasis only works so long. Perhaps it is the winter and the heating, and dryness, but even with a cool mist going, they are dry or get stuck together. Ahh foo on all this.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote