View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 04:00 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Tongue

Ok this is going to sound different and it just might be a determiner [something that determines lol] who or what is real in this thread.

I 'm assuming some things just from writing this story; would anyone correct an error if they read one here? If not, I feel it's possible that some of the researchers, industry, orgs, etc., [and if reading] are still way behind in how they view patients studying current research, especially now that it is getting very sophisticated. You can't ignore how we feel about these things .....heres why:
  • it's not going to stop the aggressive verbal ...ness. this is science/journalism; with forums and blogs having bad reputations. We are in a very unique postion to interact with 100% innovation. And do it right.
  • Ok - there's a recent patent application - Dr. Gill et al for an infusion pump to be approved in the USA......includes mentioning of Amgen's gdnf. Dr, Gill stayed mostly out of the fray, always knew he could possibly need that gdnf. Dr. Clive Svendsen , I would love to hear from you about this.
  • Teamwork - can you all have a phase III or phase II/III of pump infused GDNF and at the same time, let's have Ceregene Phase III , along with an accompanying smaller study of supplying the phase II placebo with the real treatment. Lots to watch and learn.
  • Give us some choices, many of us are your next - what da?? patients, participants, consumers, patient consumers, clients, lab rats - who are we? [and what is the meaning of life...lol]
Repeating the previous one, many of us are at the point where clinical trial participation is where the hope lies. But as I said in the above post... Hebrews 10:1 says "Faith is the substance of what is hoped for...the evidence of what is unseen." Where do patients place their faith? How do the non-pwp gain the trust of the pwp and their loved ones?

One way is by interacting on an equal level with all. Doctors and medical personnel, I want to say here that I respect your position but do not always agree with what you say. I've caught doctors in mistakes, not deliberately looking for them, and usually don't correct them. The few times I have, a fancy song and dance conversation switch usually occurs, to avoid the correction.
  • Progress has been made in many areas buy you are still a ways off on what we can do....It's like the movie ..darn can't think of name...Tim Allen was a washed up superpower; he gets kidnapped by the gov. to train new young kids with uncontrolled superpowers. They bonded and did great things.
ok for the 689th time....can someone in the research or industry of ceregene, mjff, UK, Gill, investigators. clinicians, grad assistants.......kindly give us an update of whether we could possibly have these 3 choices in place soon? Or comment on placebo; there's an abundance of issues....really....in this thread. It behooves someone to be respectful enough to enter into this peaceful thread and enlighten us. Allow us into the research agenda plannng .....Andy Grove.....we were nice to you!..lol

I do not know how to think on a more local scale. This is where I was taken from the beginning - all things are possible.

When we were little, we used to call each other "yellow bellied chicken livers." Note how I have not done that. I 'm here in peace and will squawk if anyone is mean.

I'll attempt to clean up or organize this thread, unless somebody else wants to? ...

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 01-17-2009 at 04:19 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote