View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

glenntaj, thank you for replying. I definitely need an MRI on my cervical and thoratic spine! Even if it is just to rule anything out. I was told way back in the eighties that I had some compressed vertebrates in my neck, and my mid back has been hurting me off and on through the past year.. I have asked both the neurologist and my regular family doctor to please do this, but with no luck. I have no plans to return to the neurologist. I am trying to get a second opinion now, and a new neuro. When I asked my family doctor if he would order the MRI, he said because I don't really feel pain in my arms when I bend my neck, then it can't be those areas. I surely need to get this MRI done! Thanks again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--given the onset and the pattern, this sounds like it's compressive to me.

Given the "clear" lower (lumbar) spine MRI, and the fact that this started in the upper back, I definitely think you need MRI of the cervical and thoracic spine. Compression of nerve roots tends to produce symptoms in specific places (known as the root's dermatome), but spinal compression itself can produce symptoms ANYWHERE from that level downwards, depending on what's being pressed on (and a competent doctor should know that--why your first doc did not set you up for a cervical MRI at least is beyond me).
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote