View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseLite View Post
Hello all, I have a couple of questions maybe sombody can help me with, through my wifes and mine reserch this looks like the right place to ask qustions. I got dx with rsd last week in my right leg, it started about a month ago and from what i read here i am lucky they found it as quick as they did. I have had two nerve blocks ( lumbar ) in the past week. This is where my qustions begin, after my second nerve block my leg feels worse than it did before i went in. My pain doctor also is telling me i should start cuting down the pain medican i am on. If i was to do this i would be in my chair not being able to do anything. Should i listen to him or stick with whats working. I am getting to go back to work ( desk job ) monday and i dont think i could do it with out the medican, my pain level is still at a 6 most days any higher i would be stuck in a chair. Thanks for your help.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Welcome. Hope you're feeling a little better. You know your body better than anyone else so you have to decide what is in your best interests.
As many of us have found out, the pain meds only work for a while before you build up a tolerance to them and then you need more and more to cope with the pain. Like Ali, I recently stopped all my meds after 3 years because nothing I took was able to control the pain well enough for me to be able to walk. It isn't easy but I hope in time to get used to it. Are you having any physical therapy? That is often helpful early on if done by a therapist knowledgeable in RSD. Nerve blocks effect us all differently. Mine didn't work but others have had great success. I hope you find what works for you. Take Care
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HouseLite (01-22-2009)