View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
[QUOTE=TraceyW;446888]
Quote:

thanks straker....im hearing a lot more negatives than positives for this drug which is a put off, have decided to wait to discuss things with my pain cons again first! I have had a good week pain wise and feeling in fairly high spirits.....however i know what lies around the corner so im just savouring these more pleasant days. Im sorry to hear that your pain cons no longer feels they can help - i dont know your story but i feel for you and really hope that you can find another pain cons who can help you manage your pain. take care
x
Hi Tracey.....sorry not answered last email yet ---things been hectic over xmas plus now in plaster!!! Texting is tricky.
I have been on this drug since 2005 and on 600mg per day. I did used to have extra 100mg at night so a 300 and 400mg doses per day til about 6 months ago. It helped the electric type pins and needles...pain wise dont know but on combination of drugs as you know. Yes I have put 3 and a bit stone in weight on but the drug makes you feel hungry. Weight gain is typical to anti convulsant type drugs. Used to get sedated with it until body adjusted. So I have been on it a long time and the docs dont envisage me being able to come off it. Only other issue is dry eyes so have to use artificial tears and lubricant...minor nuisance.

Sorry does not help but as with most things everyone experiences different problems and mainly drug therapy can be a long trial. What suits one does not suit another. The side effects I have experienced are common to this drug type.

Speak to you soon.

Hx
Horizontal One is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (01-22-2009)