Old 12-01-2006, 10:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default it is simple, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
i've been taking one teaspoon of tumeric root powder each day for a couple weeks. what exactly happens when the hp die?, gas, diarhia, nauusea, ? and what's it got to do with constipation? i don't want to embarass anyone but i am curious.
IF you are in the minority of PWP who also harbor a big HP colony,
AND you take turmeric in powdered form rather than tablets,
THEN the turmeric kills the HP.

As each bacterium decomposes it leaves a little poison behind.
A well oiled GI system moves all that out in a speedy manner, but
a sluggish system allows it to build up.

There is only a problem if ALL the conditions are there- PD, HP, powder, and constipation.

As for symptoms, if you get unusual bloating or if your PD starts to get worse, back off.

I stopped six days ago and seem completely recovered.

In fact, I have cut my requip back in the process. I had been wrestling with weird symptoms all summer that I kept blaming on hypoglycemia. In trying to cope with that I had gone to 40 mg/day, well beyond the 24 mg max suggested. I am now back to the 24 to 28 range and seem just as good when this adventure began.

The only explanatin I can come up with is that I may have a net gain from the experience due to a lessened HP load since it has been shown that they interfere with ldopa. However, I do not recommend that particular route to anyone at this time since there is some danger, I do, however, intend to pursue it myself and will post as I work through it. The big question is will maintaining a steady system flush be all that is required?

Finally let reiterate that this should in no way turn anyone away from turmeric/curcumin. It is just too valuable. Pay attention to your body and if you suspect HP is around stick to the tablets. I took them for three years with no problem before the powder.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote