View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I understand the whining. My husband is my rock and he has been right beside me every step of the way. The pain in my face ( left side) is 24/7. After five years now we have been making the two hour trip to see a psychologist who use to be associated with Mayo clinic. Dr. Lemons has taught me how to relax
using tapes and think way beyond where you are. It is like a self hypnosis
listening to them. They have helped a lot but it is a continuing process.
Five years ago I had a microvascular decompression surgery due to severe trigiminal nerve pain in my face. It failed and I was right back with the hellish
world of pain I thought I was going to be free of. I had to lay down, not move,
not eat. After 10 days on a morphine pump, where I have no memory of we headed for Rochester Minn. to Mayo clinic. It was a 6-7 hour trip and I lay down in the back seat of the car. Two brain surgeries there and stayed three weeks. As a last resort, they severed the trigeminal nerve completely which caused left side of my face to be numb. I went from one hellish pain to the next as I now have anesthesia delorosa. It is rare , but that didn't stop me. Everday I take twenty pills. I finally got away from Methedone and Oxycontin and have no narcotics in my system. Two years ago, I had a surgery where they went in to move a few parts around. I stopped breathing twice and it probably is due to Methdedone I went to ICU on the vent. I recovered from this but was in the hospital for two weeks. When I partly recovered from this ( very weak ) I had brought something home with me . Influenza B. It went right to my lungs. So I was put back in the hospital with
my oxygen level in the 80s. The next thing was developing restless leg syndrome, blood clot in my leg. After the flu I got pneaumonia, then for some odd reason I got Acid reflux disease. Soon after I fell and broke my pelvis,
I ended up with one leg being shorter than the other. Now I walk with a cane.
When I was in the hospital, I was MRSA positive. I took an allergy test last week and I tested for 27 allergys out of thirty.
Thank you for reading my plite. Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just drea (01-21-2009)