View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Severe pain help

Hello all,

Hope you are all have pain free end-of-summer days! As a resident of a HOT HOT state, I am looking forward to the next 7 months of livable weather conditions.

I have fibro, DDD, some disc issues, and Idiopathic Peripheral Small Fiber Neuropathy from from calves down through my toes. It was this neuropathy that flared the last 2 days way more than a "normal" flare. Last night nothing helped the horrible pain, not even doubling up the med I take for BT pain.

At 3:00 a.m. I considered going into the ER to see if I could get a shot to help me but the last and only time I made such a visit, more time was spent "making sure" I wasn't an addict than was spent treating me. I didn't want to go through that BS again plus I was in too much pain to even think about moving. At 5:00 a.m. the pain started to subside and I spent most of today sleeping or resting.

OK, so you've all been there. But my question is this: Is it possible to get a letter from my pain doctor describing my condition and listing my meds, etc. and kind of pre-approving additional treatment for pain? My sister-in-law has something like this for her migranes kept at her hospital's ER.

Any comments or similar situations???

Thanks and "let no pain be with you"!

nancy-h
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote