View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

The only thing that most of us have in common, when it comes to this disease, is the name of it. Even that might only be a temporary fact, until they figure out that perhaps we just have different variations, strains or diseases that cause similar damage . . .

Some of us have had this for many years and think we’ve seen it all . . . at least until someone comes along with a completely different set of circumstances. It’s not just the disease differences though; it’s cultural, coping mechanisms, attitude, prior life experiences, lifestyle, med choices/obstacles/limitations, etc., that makes each of us unique in our journey.

I think that’s why this disease can be so lonely though . . . no two people are exactly the same. We are all in our own place, that no one person can relate to entirely. The other thing is that we are all unwell at times, and even IF we think we can offer some wisdom, we don’t always have the energy or brain-power to do that.

The good news is that there are enough people here that at least SOMEONE can generally offer us guidance or support for each of our challenges. Hopefully that gets us through to the next obstacle . . .

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (01-18-2009), barb02 (01-18-2009), Blessings2You (01-18-2009), FranksAngel (01-18-2009), Jappy (01-20-2009), SallyC (01-18-2009), weegot5kiz (01-18-2009)