View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Back in April I realized that I was going to max out and have to pay the bulk of May 100% (PD isn't my only health issue). There was no way I could pay the $1,000+ monthly rx bill...not even for one month. I was in a panic. I was in NYS, leading a monthly support group up there, and asked if eveyone who needed Part D had got enrolled.

One of my members there told me a few things about Part D I didn't know. I was enrolled with a plan that DID have the gap, as described by Part D.

BUT, there are plans out there that DO cover the gap. I was stunned..."There are?!?!"

Greatfully for me, it was May 13th. I also discovered that even though I was enrolled in a plan, I could make...one single change...before the 15th.

So, I got on the stick and on the 14th switched to a Human plan that has $7/$30/$60 co-pays, BUT DOES cover the gap...premium about $50 a month. I will pay only copayments for 12 months...never 100%.

Now my goal for Oct/Nov/Dec is to see if I find a better plan for the same premium. I doubt that will be the case, but do believe my premium and/or my copayments will rise for 2007. I suppose it will have to be okay, as 100% is my only option.
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote