View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have/had the same thing........

Hi Alan! I had the same problem for over a year b/4 I was diagnosed......my GP and neuro did tell me it was part of the MG..............sux, I know!

What I am concerned about is that you keep having problem after problem, just like I did, and meds haven't done much to help thus far......maybe you need more meds? IV IG? Plasma exchange? You need to "jump start" your body before you get weaker.......

I am not trying to be a downer - I don't want anything to happen to you.......if you get too weak, then you MAY (only MAY) have a crisis......not fun!!!!!

My hands still stiffen up after a while @ the computer. I just rest them for a while and then they are fine...........

You may want to bring a list of your "new" symptoms to your doc and tell him your concerns - after all, he/she is PAID to take care of you and above all, LISTEN to you! MY GP told me that onnce she saw my symptoms in black and white, she knew what I had -that minute - but wanted to do some scans to rule out MS..........

Just tell him/her that you are getting weaker, not stronger, and the meds are not helping right now.......hopefully he/she will listen and respect you.....if not, find a new one! Granted, me neuro is really OCD with my stuff, but he does know that when I say I feel weak, I feel WEAK, so I have to go in and get an oil change or the like............

Above all; try and stay hydrated! I know you choked on water the other day, so try eating ice chips......keep them on hand all the time! If you are too weak to swallow - do not wait! Go in IMMEDIATELY! I had tons of spots on my lungs from aspirating liquids (or so the "experts" say for now - will know more later)......I was too weak to even chew ice or swallow right b/4 I had to go into the ICU.....too sick @ that point to do anything!

I have pretty "classic" MG symptoms - you sound like you have the same thing.........

I will be thinking about you and praying for you!

Seriously though, please do not wait if you are too weak to swallow!IT is not something you can "work through"............

Erin