View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rsd

Hello. I've been suffering from RSD for almost 8 years now. And something I found in the early stages, was most doctors didn't even know what it was. And the few that did, weren't sure what to do.

The thing is, there's no medicine or treatment for RSD. There are recommendations of things to try, some common ones are medications like tricyclic antidepressants (Nortriptaline) nerve medicines (Neurontin) NSAIDS (Mobic) Opiates (Oxycontin) They may want to try nerve blocks, physical therapy, a TENS unit. There's many many options, but they don't work for everyone.

So my best advice would be if you are using something that is helping, and is making you functional to the point of returning to work, you should probably stick with it. I had many doctors at first treat it like a short term illness. With most illnesses, you would wean off the strong painkillers when you were ready to go back to work, and you hsould be fine. But with a chronic pain disease like RSD, you may need to continue those painkillers for years or forever to function.
mrsmama80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HouseLite (01-22-2009)