View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellelee2000 View Post
I quit the narco pain med, Lorcet, cold turkey on Friday. I'm not a taper-down kind of person when it comes to things like this. It has not been pleasant, to say the least .

What dosage did you cold turkey from, Joelle?

"Loritab and Lorcet are physically addictive. To abruptly discontinue Loritab or Lorcet use could cause seizures or convulsions. It is for this reason, that withdrawal from these medications should be gradual and under medical supervision."

http://www.recoveryconnection.org/dr...et_loritab.php

Is your doc on-board with this change and withdrawal plan?

What do you plan to use for pain relief now?

This is a narcotic, right? If so, LDN and Lorcet may cancel the effects of each other out somewhat, so you will need to have that out of your system before the LDN will help at all. 1.5 mg doesn't normally help A LOT anyway, for most people, so chances are you'll have to get up to at least 3.0mg before you will notice any difference.

It took me three attempts to get off A/D's, after I had been on LDN for a year already. The withdrawals were not any easier (they were hard!! ) even while on LDN, but the good news is that I didn't need them once I got through withdrawal. I did try a more cold turkey response, but I couldn't do it. In fact, I had to eventually had to go on a low dose of another A/D initially, in order taper off Celexa. That was the only way I could get off them.

Please tread carefully, and GOOD LUCK!!

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
clark49 (03-11-2009), Kitty (01-19-2009)