View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I'm hysterical!!!

I have created a monster. I have been learning about growing my own sprouts, and doing quite nicely for about one month now.

I bought a rack, I have all of my jars, and bowls and we are eating VERY HEALTHFULLY in this house.

I was NOT AWARE HOWEVER, how much SPROUTS GROW, (depending on the sprouts).

So I had been growing Fenugreek (which is especially GREAT FOR DIABETICS). Believe me, you eat Fenugreek every day and you have a nice chance of lowering your numbers (that is if you do everything else right). Nutrition is only part of it, this I know.

So I happen to like Bean Sprouts (you know, when you go to the Japanese Restaurant and they put some bean sprouts on your plate and put some chicken on it.

I have been sauteeing these with a dash of olive oil and fresh garlic. OH MY GOODNESS, are they delicious!!! I do this with both the fenugreek and the mung beans (which will sprout into BEAN SPROUTS).

You can buy fresh bean sprouts in any chinese market, or you can go to your local supermarket and buy a can for $1.50 or so.

WELL!!! did I get a lesson today!!!

I went on youtube and watched a video on how to grow your own bean sprouts. The guy said "be careful, these things grow like crazy, so only grow what you can use in a week".

Did I listen?? Of course not. I purchased a little bag of mung beans (that is what a bean sprout is before it's sprouted).

I paid $.89 cents for this package of mung beans.

I said "what the heck can this little bag grow into?"

Well, I used THE WHOLE BAG. I soaked them over night and it's been only 2 and a half days so far.

I made a video (I am also showing you how little fenugreek seeds can turn into a whole bunch of fenugreek sprouts).

But you won't believe the bean sprouts.

In a few days I shall be feeding my neighborhood.

NEXT TIME, I shall know to use a quarter cup of mung beans and not the whole bag.

Here, have a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8UIYKULtE

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (01-19-2009), FranksAngel (01-19-2009), Lara (01-20-2009)