View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellelee2000 View Post
Thanks Cherie and Kelly . I was on Lorcet 10/650 4 times a day. The withdrawal hasn't been as bad a I expected. I'm really irritable and a bit nauseous. It's been 3 days and I the worst seems to be over. Nope, my neuro doesn't know. My dh is keeping a close eye on me along with daily checkin's from my friend who's a psych nurse. She's dealt with detox patients on a daily basis for more than 20 years. I really don't want to tell my neuro because I don't want this in my records. Yikes! I hope he doesn't follow NT posts! Hopefully, when I reach the 3 mg dose of LDN I'll be feeling much better. Don't worry, I really am doing ok.
That is VERY good, that you are not doing too bad with withdrawals. Amazing, really!!

So what is the back-up plan for pain? I know someone who is on Ultram (I think) and LDN together, and I don't think that is a narcotic/contradictory . Personally, I use Naproxen 500mg x 2, but it does not help for neurological pain. I guess Neurontin might be better for that, but I haven't used it myself.

When it comes to sensory pain, I tend to try to view it as "phantom" (which it is, but I 'visualize' it that way too). If it isn't "real", it can't be hurting me, right? 3.0 mg LDN helped a TON for the neurological pain I had for two years prior too, as did A/D's help some when I first went on them.

Good for you that you are getting off this drug anyway! If the LDN does what it should, you might find you feel better just getting off the other drugs that you have come to depend on.

Glad you have people watching out for you though!!

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jodylee (01-19-2009)