View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I have also heard that RSD can result from lack of proper anaesthesia. It is extremely important that when having any operation, the Anaesthetist gives you plenty of Anaesthetic to try and prevent any complications.

In my case, the RSD started after an injury (ankle sprain) but I have heard of others on this forum and others like it that have RSD from lack of proper anaesthesia during surgery. My Doctor and Physical Therapist's also believe that my RSD could have resulted because I am extremely hyper-mobile and that means that joints bend a lot further than they do in a "normal" person, thus resulting in being prone to Chronic Pain Conditions.

If it can be proven that your RSD is as a result of poor anaesthesia, I would definitely try and seek legal advice and see if you could get any help. I doubt though that it will be able to be proven that your RSD resulted from poor anaesthesia as most doctors try and pretend that they did everything right even when they know that they are in the wrong and your RSD could just be from the surgery itself.

Take care and I hope you are doing OK.
llrn7470 (01-20-2009)