View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Look @ you go, girl!

Kathy - yay!!!!! I bet you have a great time! Swimming is sooooo good for you! I know what you mean about being nervous, though. I will not leave my house without my meds - not even a 5 min drive..........still getting used to MG.......

Just relax and take a deep breath.....you are going to love it!

If you are worried about getting weak, just start slowly and build up. If you have problems with the ladder, get someone to help you .....they won't mind......

My internist was really on me about working out more.........don't know what to do cuz' my neuro doesn't really want me to just yet.........Catch-22!!!!!

The fact that you are able to do it is a HUGE step in the right direction!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!!! Let us know how it goes!!!!!!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
Hey guys,
Tomorrow I'm going swimming with my class and I'm VERY nervous. I haven't been swimming in years and I'm worried my MG will cause weakness when I'm over my head. I'm even nervous about the ladder in and out of the pool. I was just curious if others swim or do other physical activities to keep themselves active. Now that my meds are pretty balanced I've been able to walk briskly but haven't attempted anything really strenuous.

Think I'll probably just stick to the shallow end and hope for the best! Looking forward to hearing about what you get up to!
~Kathy
(Hopefully you'll hear from me tomorrow!)